Go-Kart Driving Rules
SBR Indoor Racing Center – Rules, Regulations and Instructions
In Order to provide the safest possible go-karting experience, we require everyone to comply with the following:
- Reckless go-kart driving is prohibited. Any driving that is dangerous, endangers other participants, or may result in damage to the kart, track, or the track personnel will result in the immediate loss of driving privileges and forfeiture of any fee paid.
- Our Karts are not “bumper cars.” Any intentional bumping will be considered reckless driving.
- DO NOT RACE with loose items, loose clothing, and or unsecured long hair. Racing with such items can cause injuries. If you have any doubt as to the length of your hair or any other conditions, DO NOT RACE and check with the front desk manager first.
- Drivers must wear approved helmets and hygienic liners. If a driver provides their own personal helmet, the hygienic liner is not required. Please obtain approval of your helmet from the front desk personnel before driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, prescription and or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- When entering and exiting the kart, care must be taken to avoid touching the engine which may be hot enough to cause burns.
- The throttle for the go-kart is controlled by your right foot. The brake is controlled by your left foot.
- In the pit area the maximum speed allowed is walking speed.
- Never get out of the go-kart while on the track. If you need assistance, pull to the side of the track, raise your hand and wait for the track personnel to help you. If you start to feel sick, pull into the pit and take a break.
- Walking onto any portion of the track or beyond any divided partitions is prohibited.
- Steering should be done with both hands on the steering wheel in the “10 and 2 o'clock” positions.
- You must pay attention to and comply with all go-kart driving flag signals and the instructions of the track personnel.
- Please feel free to ask any questions you have before driving.
Any go-karting rule violations may be considered sufficient enough to revoke driving privileges and forfeit any fees paid. Thank you for your cooperation.
We wish you the most enjoyable and exciting racing experience. ~The SBR Team~
SAFETY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT OF GO-KART RACING